Canon Expands imageCLASS Laser MFP Lineup With 6 New Products
Leveraging Canon's big-office technology in affordable compact devices, Canon U.S.A., Inc. today launched seven additions to its imageCLASS multifunction device and printer portfolio, including four machines that support wireless connectivity, a first for imageCLASS devices. Ranging from Color Laser Multifunction Printers (MFPs) (Color imageCLASS MF8380Cdw/MF8080Cw) to Color Laser Printers (Color imageCLASS LBP7660Cdn) to Monochrome Laser MFPs (imageCLASS MF5960dn/5950dw, imageCLASS MF4570dw and imageCLASS MF3010), these new products collectively help meet the needs of consumers, small office /home office(SOHO) users, and workgroups.
Canon imageCLASS MF8380Cdw
Developed to help increase productivity, the MF8380Cdw, MF8080Cw, MF5950dw and MF4570dw allow end users to print from virtually anywhere in their home or small office4. All four machines support the current 802.11 b/g /n wireless protocol, allowing for a cable-free, hassle-free solution for printing documents, and also support the Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) wireless security protocols. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) One-Touch support allows for an easy installation process for customers using supported routers.
"Canon's goal is to provide a variety of options to our customers that incorporate many advanced technologies found in Canon's high-end commercial copiers, but meet the functionality, price and design needs of home and business users," said Jim Rosetta, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. "The new imageCLASS models deliver on our tough standards for high speed, quality, ease of use and affordable prices to meet the needs of today's customers."
Representative of Canon's commitment to eco-conscious printing, the MF8380Cdw, MF5960dn, MF5950dw, MF4570dw and LBP7660Cdn include Duplex Printing as the default print mode, a feature that can help businesses save money by using less paper, creating a win-win for the customer and the environment.
Also new to the line is a redesigned Remote User Interface (RUI) that can be accessed by networked machines and One-Touch Buttons on select models that allow users to perform functions such as Secure Print, Easy Scanning and Paper Save Copying (duplex / n-in-1 combination) with just the touch of a button.
The New imageCLASS Monochrome Printers Include
- imageCLASS MF3010 Multifunction Printer: The new Canon imageCLASS MF3010 Multifunction Printer ("MFP") is an ultra-compact, easy-to-use three-in-one (print/scan/copy) device that is ideal for executive assistants, administrative environments and consumers looking for a monochrome MFP at an affordable price. The MF3010 has printing speeds of up to 19 pages-per-minute (ppm)2, delivers a first print in less than eight seconds5 and includes a 150-sheet cassette.3 At just 14.7" (W) x 10.9" (D) x 10.0" (H), the MF3010 is comparable in size to many laptops, saving valuable counter space. It offers a simple control panel (seven segment, one-digit LED) and features the Canon Single Cartridge System, which combines toner, drum and waste toner into one unit for easy maintenance. The Canon imageCLASS MF3010 MFP is anticipated to be available beginning in August at an estimated retail price of $1491 via resellers and authorized Canon retailers and will represent the line's lowest-priced laser MFP to date.
- imageCLASS MF4570dw Multifunction Printer: With a sleek, compact design to complement modern SOHO environments, the monochrome imageCLASS MF4570dw MFP is an easy-to-use, four-in-one (print/scan/copy/fax) laser MFP featuring wireless connectivity that is ideal for home network integration. The new model boasts printing speeds of up to 26 ppm, simplex and 16 ppm, duplex,7 and delivers first print pages in approximately six seconds6. Designed for high-usability, the MF4570dw is equipped with a 250-sheet front-loading paper cassette and a 35-sheet automatic document feeder.3 The Canon imageCLASS MF4570dw MFP is anticipated to be available at an estimated retail price of $2991 via resellers and authorized Canon retailers starting in September.
- imageCLASS MF5950dw/MF5960dn Multifunction Printers: The most feature-packed monochrome Canon imageCLASS MFP models to date, these up to 35 ppm, simplex and 17 ppm, duplex7, four-in-one (print/scan/copy/fax) laser MFP's offer a vast array of features from scan-to-email and direct USB print to fax forwarding and secure print for SMBs and workgroups of up to 15 people. Both machines are equipped with a 250-sheet front-loading paper cassette, a 50-sheet multipurpose tray and a 50-sheet duplex automatic document feeder (DADF);3 an optional 500 sheet cassette is also available for heightened productivity. The MF5950dw includes wireless support and is anticipated to be available at an estimated retail price of $3991 via resellers and authorized Canon retailers in September. The MF5960dn offers printer language (PCL/PS) support and is anticipated to be available at an estimated retail price of $4991 via resellers and authorized Canon retailers beginning in September.
Ranging from Color Laser Multifunction Printers (MFPs) (Color imageCLASS MF8380Cdw/MF8080Cw) to Color Laser Printers (Color imageCLASS LBP7660Cdn) to Monochrome Laser MFPs (imageCLASS MF5960dn/5950dw, imageCLASS MF4570dw and imageCLASS MF3010), these new products collectively help meet the needs of consumers, small office /home office(SOHO) users, and workgroups.
The New imageCLASS Color Printers Include
- Color imageCLASS MF8080Cw/MF8380Cdw Multifunction Printers: The MF8080Cw and MF8380Cdw offer winning solutions for home and small office users seeking a four-in-one (print/scan/copy/fax) laser MFP that provides a convenient and cost-effective alternative to print and copy outsourcing. These models build on the success of their predecessors, incorporating high-end color imaging technologies adopted from the imageRUNNER MFP line at a low entry cost while adding an array of new features. Both machines feature an updated control panel including One-Touch Button support to simplify advanced workflows. Direct printing from a USB flash drive is new, as is wireless support for printing, scanning and PC faxing. The up to eight color/12 monochrome ppm7 MF8080Cw and 21 color/21 monochrome ppm, simplex /10 color/10 monochrome, duplex7 MF8380Cdw are anticipated to be available beginning in September via resellers and authorized Canon retailers at estimated retail prices of $4491 and $5991, respectively.
- Color imageCLASS LBP7660Cdn Printer: The new Canon Color imageCLASS LBP7660Cdn Printer is a compact, up to 21 simplex/10 duplex ppm7 in color and monochrome device that is ideal for offices searching for a color laser printer that can deliver remarkable color output with ease. It leverages advanced color imaging technologies such as Auto Gradation Adjustment (which recalibrates the machine based on local environment settings to help deliver consistent, crisp output) and Pure Black Technology (which utilizes only black toner to print black text and images, instead of a composite of four toners, to produce sharp blacks and help to reduce toner spend). The printer includes a standard 250-sheet and a 50-sheet automatic document feeder; it is expandable with an optional second 250-sheet cassette.3 The Canon Color imageCLASS LBP7660Cdn Printer is a great choice for small offices and SMBs and is anticipated to be available starting in October through authorized Canon resellers at an estimated retail price of $4991.
In addition to the new default duplex printing mode on five of these models, all seven of these new Canon imageCLASS products meet the ENERGY STAR® guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Energy (DOE). Canon U.S.A. is a long-time ENERGY STAR partner, and is a strong advocate of consumer education regarding energy-efficient products through its product labeling and environmental programs. ENERGY STAR is a joint effort of the EPA and DOE designed to identify and promote energy efficient products to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
1 Pricing subject to change at any time without notice. Actual retail prices determined by individual resellers and retailers and may vary.
2 The print speed on letter size plain paper is measured during continuous printing. Print speeds vary depending on the paper type and size, as well as the paper feeding direction. Print speeds on smaller paper sizes may be slower. Plus, the machine may run experience downtime or decrease the print speed in the middle of a continuous print run to adjust the temperature inside the machine or maintain the optimal print quality.
3 Based on 20 lb. paper
4 Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
5 The imageCLASS MF3010 MFP has an estimated first print time of eight seconds. Actual speed may vary based on computer performance.
6 The imageCLASS MF4570 MFP has an estimated first print time of six seconds. Actual speed may vary based on computer performance.
7 Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
- Mar 6, 2018
Canon Introduces New imageCLASS Black-And-White Business PrintersSmall-to-medium businesses seek compact, easy-to-use printing solutions that can help boost productivity and allot employees more time to dedicate toward the creative tasks at hand. The new imageCLASS MF426dw/MF424dw multifunction printers leverage a strong value proposition similar to that offered by the Color imageCLASS MF700/600 series models to provide customers freedom of choice in purchasing the best available color or black-and-white laser print solution...
- Feb 13, 2018
Canon Refreshes imageCLASS Lineup With Three New ModelsConsistent in its overarching goal to support businesses of all sizes that are pivoting to embrace the Office of the Future, Canon announces a refresh to three imageCLASS printers. The models, which include the black-and-white multifunction MF525dw and MF429dw, as well as the black-and-white single function LBP215dw, continue to improve upon Canon’s current desktop-level, low-maintenance, award-winning imageCLASS printer lineup...
- Aug 22, 2017
Canon Announces Five New PIXMA TS Wireless Inkjet AIO PrintersPacking even more features in a small package, Canon announced today five new PIXMA TS-series Wireless Inkjet All-In-One (AIO) printers. The PIXMA TS9120, TS8120, TS6120, TS5120 and TS3120 printers deliver a host of new features, while maintaining the sleek, compact body and versatile print, copy and scan..
- Aug 22, 2017
Canon Unveils PIXMA TR8520 and TR7520 Wireless Inkjet Home Office AIO PrintersPackaging the power and functionality of a business printer into a sleek, compact body, Canon U. TR8520 Wireless Home Office Inkjet All-in-One Printer is $199.99 MSRP, and the PIXMA TR7520 Wireless Home Office..
- Jul 18, 2017
New Canon SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Printer Features Compact Size, 3.2” LCD And Direct Battery ConnectionCanon announced today the new SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer. An update to the popular SELPHY CP1200 printer, the new SELPHY CP1300 is perfect for connected digital camera or smartphone users in search of a portable Wi-Fi enabled printer that can be used virtually anywhere, anytime, thanks to its optional direct-connect battery (no wires), to print the perfect photos...