Canon Presents imageRUNNER Advance C9200 Pro/C7200 MFPs
Offering faster black-and-white print speeds, shorter warm-up times, more standard system features, improved finishers and greater energy efficiency than the multifunction systems they replace, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has introduced the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9200 PRO Series for central reprographic departments (CRD) and light production environments and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7200 Series for high-volume office use.
Canon imageRUNNER Advance C9200 Pro
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9280 PRO features output speeds of up to 80 pages-per-minute in black-and-white and up to 70 ppm in color, and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9270 PRO provides up to 70 ppm in black-and-white and up to 65 ppm in color. Both models offer the most advanced finishing and media support and highest levels of image quality within the imageRUNNER ADVANCE line to meet the needs of CRD environments, short-run print-for-pay businesses, and high volume offices looking to bring work in house.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7270 and C7260 feature speeds of up to 70 ppm and up to 60 ppm in black-and-white and 60 ppm and up to 55 ppm in color, respectively, and will suit the needs of high-volume color office environments. These models can serve as an upgrade path for mid-volume MFPs with faster speeds, more robust paper handling and finishing, and more flexible media support. Both models give large departments within an enterprise the ability to handle higher print volumes quickly, helping to realize faster turnaround time and productivity efficiencies.
Flexible in-line finishing options: A wide variety of finishing devices are now available to help improve productivity, including a staple finisher, booklet finisher, 2/3-hole punch, and insertion/folding options for all of the new models, plus a professional puncher, booklet trimmer, and folding unit for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9280 PRO/C9270 PRO.
Work environments in many industries have changed tremendously in recent years, with disruptive technologies changing the way we work in a fundamental way,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “
Canon is addressing the need for streamlined workflows and optimized business processes with state-of-the-art devices that provide powerful performance and productivity.”
The new models are built on Canon's next-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, designed to be the core of business communications where imaging technology, cloud connectivity, and mobile solutions converge. It builds upon the established design, workflow, control, performance and responsibility attributes of the previous generation, with new capabilities to further enhance the user experience, streamline document workflows, and merge technologies together to optimize business processes. Some of the new features and capabilities include:
- Shorter warm-up times: The Induction Heat-RAPID fusing system reduces warm-up time to approximately 31 seconds from sleep mode compared to up to six minutes for the previous models. In "Quick Startup Mode" it only takes seven seconds from turning on the main power until the key operation on the touch panel display becomes available.
- Improved energy efficiency: The combination of fusing technologies and pQ toner help lower overall energy consumption by minimizing power requirements and reducing energy use during warm-up and standby modes. All models achieve best-in-class Total Energy Consumption (TEC) ratings, meet ENERGY STAR standards, and have received an EPEAT Gold rating (EPEAT is the definitive global registry for greener electronics).
- Enhanced security: A Hard Disk Drive Erase function, previously only available as an option, is standard on the new models. It protects sensitive information by overwriting latent images after each task. An HDD Lock function, also a new standard feature, protects data stored in the HDD from being accessed by a PC after removing it from the device. IPsec, another previously optional feature that's now standard, protects data that crosses through the network.
- Improved image quality: Canon's propriety ZIMA chip and Dot-Screen technology, which until now were only available on the company's imagePRESS line of digital production presses, allows for smoother and higher-quality copy reproduction of output for general business documents (text/photo) and contributes to increased smoothness in highlights.
- Flexible in-line finishing options: A wide variety of finishing devices are now available to help improve productivity, including a staple finisher, booklet finisher, 2/3-hole punch, and insertion/folding options for all of the new models, plus a professional puncher, booklet trimmer, and folding unit for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9280 PRO/C9270 PRO.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9280 PRO/C9270 PRO and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7270/C7260 models are available through Canon authorized dealers at manufacturer's suggested retail prices of $52,500, $42,000, $36,750 and $29,400 respectively.
- Mar 6, 2018
Canon Introduces New imageCLASS Black-And-White Business PrintersSmall-to-medium businesses seek compact, easy-to-use printing solutions that can help boost productivity and allot employees more time to dedicate toward the creative tasks at hand. The new imageCLASS MF426dw/MF424dw multifunction printers leverage a strong value proposition similar to that offered by the Color imageCLASS MF700/600 series models to provide customers freedom of choice in purchasing the best available color or black-and-white laser print solution...
- Feb 13, 2018
Canon Refreshes imageCLASS Lineup With Three New ModelsConsistent in its overarching goal to support businesses of all sizes that are pivoting to embrace the Office of the Future, Canon announces a refresh to three imageCLASS printers. The models, which include the black-and-white multifunction MF525dw and MF429dw, as well as the black-and-white single function LBP215dw, continue to improve upon Canon’s current desktop-level, low-maintenance, award-winning imageCLASS printer lineup...
- Aug 22, 2017
Canon Announces Five New PIXMA TS Wireless Inkjet AIO PrintersPacking even more features in a small package, Canon announced today five new PIXMA TS-series Wireless Inkjet All-In-One (AIO) printers. The PIXMA TS9120, TS8120, TS6120, TS5120 and TS3120 printers deliver a host of new features, while maintaining the sleek, compact body and versatile print, copy and scan..
- Aug 22, 2017
Canon Unveils PIXMA TR8520 and TR7520 Wireless Inkjet Home Office AIO PrintersPackaging the power and functionality of a business printer into a sleek, compact body, Canon U. TR8520 Wireless Home Office Inkjet All-in-One Printer is $199.99 MSRP, and the PIXMA TR7520 Wireless Home Office..
- Jul 18, 2017
New Canon SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Printer Features Compact Size, 3.2” LCD And Direct Battery ConnectionCanon announced today the new SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer. An update to the popular SELPHY CP1200 printer, the new SELPHY CP1300 is perfect for connected digital camera or smartphone users in search of a portable Wi-Fi enabled printer that can be used virtually anywhere, anytime, thanks to its optional direct-connect battery (no wires), to print the perfect photos...